Outdoors Ontario Search

Custom Search

Monday, February 28, 2011

Fishing BC


During my career of working, and living what I would consider to be the greatest job in the world I have experienced more than the average outdoor enthusiast. This article is dedicated to my time spent employed as a Forest Officer with the Ministry of Forests in Stewart, British Columbia. This article is specifically dedicated to fishing Meziadin Lake, located in the interior of BC, 40 minutes from Stewart BC. If you ever find yourself in Stewart or on your way to the Yukon, or Alaska be sure to fish this lake. You can launch your boat at the Provincial park, and head straight across the lake, when you reach the far side, troll approximately 20 feet from shore and use a Cleo; no weight in 5 -10 ft of water. If you troll more than a half an hour without either catching a Dolly Varden or a Rainbow ....I can't help you.....lol . I can't tell you how many times and how many years this worked for me; the locals troll deep water, fish off the mouth of the creeks...........I used this method, would meet them back at camp and they'd say "Any Luck?" I'd simply say no, go help yourself to a cold one.........when they opened the cooler I'd get ........you " Jerk" What are you using? I'd simply reply "A Cleo"; to which they would say "What the heck is a Cleo" To which I would say ..."It's an Ontario lure for catching fish!" I used to laugh so hard, it made me cry. But seriously folks, this is one part of BC that is tuly amazing.

No comments: